|Associate Professor in Physiotherapy – Physiotherapy Dept – Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece|
|Dr. Kostantinos Fousekis is a physiotherapist with a specialization in soft tissue mobilization techniques and Sports Physiotherapy. He is Assistant Professor of Sports Physiotherapy of the Department of Physiotherapy of Technological Education Institute of Western Greece teaching Sports Physiotherapy and Advanced Soft-Tissue Techniques. |
He has a long experience in rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and sports injuries and is a professional physiotherapist of many professional athletes.
In collaboration with Konstantinos Mylonas developed older IASTM techniques and created the ERGON IASTM Technique as the basic treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Since then he is the Educational Director of ERGON IASTM Technique responsible for the ERGON IASTM educational system and courses worldwide. He has participated in many research studies with the focus on a) sports injuries prevention-rehabilitation and b) evaluation of the effects of ERGON IASTM techniques in myofascial pathologies. Current research interests include the study of the fascial system and its interaction with human body pathologies. Dr. Kostantinos Fousekis is a highly motivated, confident individual with exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills in both Seminars presentations and patients rehabilitation. He can communicate effectively and sensitively with his students and patients to ensure understanding of often complex clinical issues regarding IASTM applications and to maximize the rehabilitation of his patients.
|BSc in Sports Science (1995) – National and Kapodistrian University of Athens |
BSc in Physiotherapy (1998) – Charles University of Prague – Czech Republic
Master of Medical Science (M?edSci) in Sports Medicine (1999) – University of Galsgow (Faculty of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Glasgow).Master Thesis:«A study into the epidemiology of soccer injuries; a clinical attachment to Clyde Football Club»
PhD in Sports Physiotherapy (2011) – National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. PhD Thesis: «Multivariate analysis of functional literalities, myodynamic asymmetries and injuries at the lower extremities of professional soccer players».
|Certified Physiotherapist form 1998. |
PANAIGIALEIOS FC -Greece
PHYSIOTHERAPIST June 1999 – Present
Provide physiotherapy and treatment for soccer players. Responsible for managing a field injuries, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
Physiotherapy Private Practise
PHYSIOTHERAPIST March 2003 – Present
Provide physiotherapy and treatment for all kind of musculoskeletal injuries and pathologies.
|TEI of WESTERN GREECE-Physiotherapy Dept |
Associate Professor in Physiotherapy 2003-Present
Visiting Professor in Physical Therapy –European University of Cyprus Nicosia
Teaching Advanced Shoft-Tissue Techniques and Advanced Sports Physiotherapy at the MSc in Sports Physiotherapy of EUC,
Educational Director -Master Trainer of ERGON IASTM Technique 2015-Present
1. Fousekis ?, H. Tsepis, G. Vagenas. Multivariate strength asymmetries of the knee and ankle joint in professional soccer players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2010 Dec;50(4):465-74.
2. Fousekis ?, H. Tsepis, G. Vagenas Lower limb strength in professional soccer players: profile, asymmetry, and training age. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2010) 9, 364 – 373
3. Fousekis K, ?sepis E, Poulmedis P, Athanasopoulos S, Vagenas G. Intrinsic risk factors of non-contact quadriceps and hamstrings strains in soccer: a prospective study on 100 professional players. Br J Sports Med. 2011;45(9):709-14.
4. Fousekis K, Tsepis E, Vagenas G. Intrinsic risk factors for ankle sprain in soccer: a prospective study on 100 professional players. Am J Sports Med 2012; (8): 1842-1850
5. Fousekis, K., Billis, E., Matzaroglou, C., Mylonas, K., Koutsojannis, C., & Tsepis, E. (2016). Elastic Bandaging for Orthopedic and Sports Injuries Prevention and Rehabilitation: A Systematic Review. Journal of sport rehabilitation, 1-28.
6. Billis, E., Koutsojannis, C., Matzaroglou, C., Gliatis, J., Fousekis, K., Gioftsos, G., … & Tsepis, E. (2017). Association of low back pain on physical, sociodemographic and lifestyle factors across a general population sample within Greece. Journal of back and musculoskeletal rehabilitation, 30(2), 279-290.
7. Chrysovalantis Fekos1, Alexandra Kallistratou, Konstantinos Fousekis, Paris Iakovidis, Stavros Kottaras5 and Ilias Kallistratos, Modified Graded Motor Imagery programme containing “Fekos Mirror Therapy method”: ? novel therapeutic method for the treatment of shoulder dysfunctions – a pilot study, J Nov Physiother 2017, 7:6 DOI: 10.4172/2165-7025.1000375
8. Efstratiadis A, S. Marangos, E. Kasapakis, P. Geo rgiadou, G. Ploutarxou, G. Stelicos, V. Stelicou, K. Fousekis, D. Stasinopoulos.The subacromial impingement syndrome of the shoulder: The role of physiotherapist in the evaluation and treatment of the syndrome. VOLUME 13.1, 2017 D.O.I: https://doi.org/10.4127/jbe.2017.0113
9. Gkrilias, P. D., Tsepis, E. M., & Fousekis, K. A. (2017). The Effects of Hamstrings’ Cooling and Cryostretching on Sit and Reach Flexibility Test Performance in Healthy Young Adults. Br. J. Med. Med. Res., 19, 1-11.
10. Fousekis, K., & Mylonas K, C. V. (2014). Aggressive Massage Techniques can Accelerate Safe Return after Hamstrings Strain: A Case Study of a Professional Soccer Player. J Sports Med Doping Stud, 4(144), 2161-0673.
11. Tsekoura, M., Billis, E., Panopoulou, K., Fousekis, K., & Tsepis, E. Musculoskeletal Disorders among Greek Professional Ballet Dancers.
12. Fousekis, Konstantinos. “?ggressive Physiotherapy: Should we treat pain with pain” Journal of Novel Physiotherapies.” (2016)
13. Fousekis, K., Kounavi, E., Doriadis, S., Mylonas, K., & Kallistratos, E. (2016). The Effectiveness of Instrument-assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Technique (ErgonŠ Technique), Cupping and Ischaemic Pressure Techniques in the Treatment of Amateur Athletes? Myofascial Trigger Points. J Nov Physiother S, 3, 2
14. Fousekis K,Tsepis E, Vagenas G. Isokinetic strength evaluation can predict muscle strains in professional soccer players. A prospective study (2009) . Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 8(5): S93-4
15. Fousekis K, Tsepis E, Vagenas G. Knee and ankle isokinetic strength asymmetries in professional soccer players with right footedness. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine8(5): S200-1
16. Fousekis K, Tsepis E, Skountzos K, Billis E, Koutsojiannis K, Vagenas G. Flexibility asymmetries of the lower extremities in professional soccer players. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 8(5): S200-2
17. Billis E, Koutsojannis C, Fousekis K, Giatrakou S, Parasiri T, Tsepis E. Does taping affect the upper and lower trapezius electromyographic activity amongst patients with suspected subacromial impingement? A pilot study. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 8(5): 143
18. Kleio Manousiadou, Pt, Alexandra Theofilatou,Pt, Konstantinos Mylonas, Pt,Msc (can), Evdokia Billis PhD, Elias Tsepis, PhD, Konstantinos Fousekis PhD . Treatment of shoulder myofascial trigger points in amateur athletes with Ergon® IASTM Therapy, cupping and ischaemic pressure techniques: a randomized controlled clinical trial
19. Fousekis, K., & Pt, K. M. Treatment of adhesive capsulitis with Ergon® IASTM Technique and stretching exercises: a case study. Image, 90(119), 124.
20. Eid, K., Tafas, E., Mylonas, K., Angelopoulos, P., Tsepis, E., & Fousekis, K. (2017). Treatment of the trunk and lower extremities with Ergon® IASTM technique can increase hamstrings flexibility in amateur athletes: A randomized control study. Physical Therapy in Sport, 28, e12.
21. Fousekis ?, Konstantinos Mylonas and Pavlos Angelopoulos Treatment of supraspinatus tendinopathy with Ergon® IASTM technique and neuromuscular control exercises: A case study , J Nov Physiother 2017, 7:5(Suppl) DOI: 10.4172/2165-7025-C1-018.
22. Fousekis, K. (2017). Treatment of shoulder myofascial trigger points in amateur athletes with Ergon® IASTM therapy, cupping and ischaemic pressure techniques: A randomized controlled clinical trial. Physical Therapy in Sport, 28, e9-e10.
23. E. Billis, C. Matzaroglou, I. Stathopoulos, M. Moutzouri, K. Fousekis, C. Koutsojannis, N. Strimpakos, G. Gioftsos, C. McCarthy, E. Tsepis. Self-reported back and/or leg pain in young and middle-aged ?reek adults. does pain location and intensity affect life-functioning factors? Physiotherapy 2015; Volume 101, Supplement 1 eS1238–eS1642
24. Book Applied Sports Physiotherapy (in Greek). ?.Fousekis. Publications -Broken-Hill Athens 2015
25. FousekisK et al (2013). Functional Lateralities, Muscle Asymmetries and Injuries in “Soccer Muscle Strength, Assessment and Role in Disease”NOVA Publishers New York, pp 49-87